Carers Trust Swansea Bay Crossroads Care Service works with over 300 carers, providing on average 90,000 hours of replacement care. Since 1987 we have provided respite care for carers, who provide care for an elderly, frail, ill or disabled friend or relative. We aim to meet the needs of carers by providing them with a much-needed break whilst providing peace of mind that their loved one is well taken care of by a Care Support Worker.
Our Vision: to be the preferred employer of a valued workforce and the leading provider of services for Carers and the people they support, giving them peace of mind and time to be themselves.
Carers Trust Swansea Bay promotes, offers support, and delivers high quality services for Carers and people with care needs by a well-trained, highly valued workforce.
Carers Trust Swansea Bay places carers and the people they support at the heart of everything we do.
- Trust – we understand that our services only respond to carers’ needs when they can trust us to care for the person they support
- Involvement – carers and the people they support drive Carers Trust Swansea Bay’s service design and development
- Quality – we ensure that our services are high quality, flexible, responsive and continually improving
- Family friendly – we recognise that our service impacts on families and friends – not just the carer and the person they support – and so we design our services with that in mind
- Availability and accessibility – we work to make our services available and accessible to as many carers and people they support as possible
- Dignity and respect – we always treat carers and the people they support with dignity and respect
- Working for change – we work pro-actively with government and policy makers at national and local level to influence legislation and practice
- Partnership working – we actively explore opportunities for establishing joint projects and relationships with other organisations that will improve services for carers and the people they support
- Learning – we learn from the good practice of others in order to improve our services for carers and the people they support and we encourage others to learn from us